This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A tasty and easy one-pan dinner that can even be prepped and frozen ahead of time. Paleo, Whole30, and AIP compliant!
Table of contents
Easy to Prep, Cook, and Clean
One-pan meals rock.
You just need, well, one pan, and that makes clean up so easy, plus the cooking part is simple too.
This particular sheet pan meal just requires you to peel and chop some veggies, chicken, and herbs and mix with some olive oil, place in the oven, and roast for 30 minutes.
It's a full meal – protein and sides, all snuggled together in a delicious pile.
Tasty Mediterranean flavors combine chicken with a wide variety of nutrient-dense veggies.
Tip: Have picky family members or family not on a strict diet? Make some rice to go with this as well – that may appease those that want that starchy side. (You can even make rice for yourself if rice is part of your diet)
It's also a “Dump and Go” Freezer Meal
I'm a HUGE fan of easy freezer meals, especially ones where you don't even need to cook the ingredients first.
See more Paleo & AIP Freezer Meals
This luckily is one of those! You can just peel and chop the veggies and chicken and throw them all in a freezer-safe container or bag with the rest of the ingredients and then place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Then when you need it for dinner, simply thaw overnight in the fridge and then throw on the sheet pan 30 minutes before dinner!
See the exact directions for how to freeze this below.
Other recipes you might like:
Fried Chicken Burgers (Paleo, AIP, Whole30)
Thai Chicken Soup (Paleo, AIP) – another delicious dump freezer meal
Cherry Balsamic Pot Roast (Paleo, AIP) – and another favorite dump freezer meal!
More Helpful AIP Resources in the Freebie Library
If you find this recipe helpful, you may really enjoy the resources in my Paleo & AIP Freebie Library! There's a “dump” freezer meal plan, a list of AIP-compliant breakfast toppings, and so much more. Plus, you'll get even more ideas sent to your inbox! Get the password here.
Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken and Veggies Recipe
If you make this meal, I'd love to hear how it turned out! Either comment below or share a pic on Instagram and tag me @thrivingautoimmune!
Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken and Veggies (Paleo, Whole30, AIP)
- 1 lb boneless (skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 lb Sweet Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 4 Carrots (diced)
- 1 medium Zucchini (diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (peeled and sliced thinly)
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata or Green Olives (no pimentos if on AIP)
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (fresh or dried, chopped)
- 1 Lemon (quartered (peel still on))
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
Also Needed Day of Serving (don't freeze):
- 4 cups Arugula (optional)
- Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- Sea Salt to Taste
IF FREEZING FOR LATER:
- Put all of the ingredients (except for day of serving ingredients) into a gallon-sized freezer bag and massage a bit to mix.
- Label the bag and lay flat to freeze. Freeze up to 3 months.
IF NOT FREEZING
- Mix the ingredients (except for day of serving ingredients) in a large bowl.
- (If frozen) Thaw the ingredients overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Pour the ingredients onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through (an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle of the chicken will say 165 F).
- Serve a huge scoop of the cooked chicken and veggies over a bed of arugula (if using) and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and sea salt to taste.