This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy and flavorful breakfast sausage patties that can be baked in the oven. Great for batch cooking and freezing! Paleo and AIP friendly.
Table of contents
- Flavorful, Juicy Breakfast Sausage
- A QUICK breakfast option you can make ahead
- What do you serve with these breakfast sausages?
- Another Paleo & AIP Breakfast Sausage
- More Helpful AIP Resources in the Freebie Library
- Apple Thyme Breakfast Sausage Recipe
Flavorful, Juicy Breakfast Sausage
Finding breakfast sausages that aren't pumped up with fillers, preservatives, hormones, and other strange ingredients can be really difficult.
If you're on the AIP Diet, it's even harder as most pre-made sausages have “spices” which most likely include paprika and other off-limit nightshades.
But making your own breakfast sausage is incredibly easy, allows you to have complete control over what goes in it, and you can make so many fun and interesting flavors!
This Apple Thyme Chicken Breakfast Sausage is no exception.
Juicy from the apple, with a nice tang from the garlic and onion powder, and a subtle thyme flavor they are sure to please.
A QUICK breakfast option you can make ahead
Because breakfast is often during one of the CRAZIEST parts of the day, making things ahead of time can really save your sanity.
These breakfast sausages are one of the easiest things to batch cook ahead of time so that all you need to do is reheat them in the morning.
They even freeze really well, so you can make a double or triple batch and have a protein for your breakfasts for weeks!
To Freeze these sausages for later
Cook the patties as indicated in the instructions and then lay flat on a cookie sheet or baking dish and freeze for several hours.
Once frozen, remove from the sheet/dish and place in a freezer-safe container or bag and place back in the freezer until needed.
To eat from frozen
Either thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat or cook directly from frozen by reheating in the microwave, oven, or a pan on the stove until warm throughout.
What do you serve with these breakfast sausages?
Then serve with pretty much anything else to make it a meal.
- A breakfast hash of mixed veggies
- yogurt (try this coconut yogurt)
- scones (here are some AIP Lemon Scones)
- soup (try this AIP Tandoori Pumpkin Soup)
- pancakes or waffles (here's some AIP Pancakes and AIP Waffles)
- or if you can tolerate eggs, scrambled eggs
I love making it into a breakfast sandwich as well – this is an AIP and Paleo-friendly one that just is some guacamole, fresh baby spinach, and the “buns” are two pieces of sweet potato toast
Another Paleo & AIP Breakfast Sausage
I also have a Maple Blueberry Breakfast Sausage that you can try – it's a bit sweeter than this one but is absolutely divine paired with some pancakes or waffles!
More Helpful AIP Resources in the Freebie Library
If you find this recipe helpful, you may really enjoy the resources in my Paleo & AIP Freebie Library! There's a “dump” freezer meal plan, a list of AIP-compliant breakfast toppings, and so much more. Plus, you'll get even more ideas sent to your inbox! Get the password here.
Apple Thyme Breakfast Sausage Recipe
If you make these sausages, I'd love to hear how it turned out! Either comment below or share a pic on Instagram and tag me @thrivingautoimmune!
Apple Thyme Breakfast Sausage (Paleo, Whole30, AIP)
- 1 lb ground Chicken
- 1 Apple (grated)
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (omit for Whole30)
- 1 tsp dried or fresh Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 /2 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl and then form into 8-10 patties. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.